Three Steps towards Raising Secure Children after Separation
Time & Location
About the Event
We are so fortunate to be raising our children in an age where secure attachment research has taken the guesswork out of raising emotionally secure children.
Most of us have an intuitive understanding about what emotional security is and that is super important. But how does emotional security (or lack of it) shows up in day-to-day life?
After 60 years of research we know that the more secure children are, the more they are able to:
- Enjoy more happiness with their parents
- Feel less anger at their parents
- Turn to their parents for help when in trouble
- Solve problems on their own
- Get along better with friends
- Have lasting friendships
- Solve problems with friends
- Have better relationships with brothers and sisters
- Have higher self-esteem
- Know that most problems will have an answer
- Trust that good things will come their way
- Trust the people they love
- Know how to be kind to those around them
(Cooper, Hoffman and Powell; Circle of Security International, 2018)
Isn’t it amazing that we can support our children in all of these areas by focusing on strengthening the security of our relationships?
Thanks to the attachment research and the team behind the Circle of Security Parenting, we have a complete map available to us and step-by-step process we can follow to nurture our children’s emotional security.
What Marie Kondo is to tiding, what Couch to 5K is to improving fitness level, Circle of Security Parenting is to raising emotionally secure children.
In this workshop, I will explain what these three steps for raising secure children are and how you can implement them in your day to day parenting.
The workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Please note it will not be recorded because of the nature of the confidential space and participants will need to attend live.
- Admit one :)£27£270£0