Answering Children's Questions about Separation
Time & Location
About the Event
Think of your children's question as the tip of the iceberg - often, there is more to it. When children ask questions after separation, it is a good thing, an invitation to connect. They might be sharing their confusion, upset, asking for reassurance… Here are a couple of examples of what children might be trying to express with their questions:
Do you still love daddy? - Will you love me no matter what?
Will you get back together again? - I desperately want you to get back together. I am struggling to accept that this is happening. I feel stuck and confused.
Why can't I stay with you tonight? - There have been too many changes in my world recently. I feel lost. I need a break.
Mummy lets me eat in my bedroom, why can't I do it here? - Please show me that you can take charge of this situation here in a thoughtful way so that I can feel safe with you.
In this workshop, I will invite you to try some listening exercises that can help you shift your focus from answering the first question that comes to embracing this opportunity to connect with your children. Approaching children's questions this way can help you to:
- Let go of the pressure to come up with an answer and relax into knowing that you can figure out the answers together
- Help your children trust their gut instincts, feelings and judgements (especially if they might be are hearing confusing, contradicting messages)
- Avoid oversharing
- Feel confident in your parenting
- Understand how your children are feeling, what they are hoping for, what is important or challenging for them
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2021
Time: 12-1 pm UK time
Bookings: Choose the number of tickets you would like to reserve in the form below and click "checkout". You will receive a Zoom link in the confirmation email as soon as you have booked your place.
Please note the workshop will not be recorded. Participants will need to attend live. If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I very much look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
- Questions about Separation£18£180£0